The following rules (the “Rules”) apply to all activities authorized by the St. Lawrence Parks Commission and its directors, officers, employees, agents, volunteers, independent contractors, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively hereinafter referred to as the “SLPC”) on the premises of the Skywood Eco Adventure (the “Premises”) which include, but are not limited to, Treewalk Village, the Adventure Courses, the Discovery Courses, the Zip Line Tour and the Discovery Accessible Zip Line (the “Activities”).
1. Release: The Release of Liability, Waiver of Claims and Indemnification (the “Release”) must be signed by, or on behalf of, every person participating in the Activities (a “User”). “Adult” (persons who are 18 years of age and older) Users must execute a Release on their own behalf before they will be permitted to participate in any Activities. Minor Users under 18 years of age must have a Release executed by their parent or legal guardian, before they will be permitted to participate in any Activities. Improperly executed or incomplete waivers will not be accepted by the SLPC.
2. Adult Supervision: Minors under 16 years of age must be supervised by an Adult. Children 3-8 years old must have an Adult, who is able to provide direction and assistance, with them at all times when participating in the Activities. Children 9-11 years old must have an Adult supervisor watching them when they use the Discovery Courses, the Discovery Accessible Zip Line and Treewalk Village and participating with them when they use the Adventure Courses. Youth aged 12-15 years old must have an Adult supervisor watching them when they participate in the Activities.
3. Food, Drink and Drugs. Food and drinks are allowed on the Premises, but not when participating in the Activities. Smoking, drinking alcohol or doing drugs on the Premises is forbidden at all times. Persons under the influence of alcohol or drugs will be prohibited from entering the Premises and from participating in the Activities.
4. Safety. Users must participate in all SLPC required safety presentations before beginning any Activities, regardless of the number of times they have participated in the Activities. Users must wear all SLPC required safety equipment while participating in the Activities. Users must respect posted signage and must follow all instructions given by SLPC’s guides (the “Guides”). Except when instructed by a Guide, Users must not walk outside of the trails or underneath the courses. In case of doubt about any matter, Users must not hesitate to ask for advice from the Guides. Users must have a Guide’s permission to move on to a more advanced Activity.
5. Weather and Safety Conditions. The courses are open rain or shine. The lead Guide will determine if climbing cannot continue (safety, high-winds, or thunder/lightning). SLPC reserves the right to interrupt or stop the Activities in its sole discretion.
6. Wristband. Users must wear the wristband provided by SLPC and abide by the return time marked on the wristband.
7. Health and Physical Ability. Users with health conditions or concerns must inform SLPC at the time of booking and again when they arrive on the Premises. Users must engage in the Activities only within their own physical ability. Users must cease participation if they are uncomfortable.
8. Clothing. Users should wear comfortable, close fitting clothing. Pants should be knee length or longer. Closed-toed shoes are required. Long hair must be tied back. SLPC is not responsible for marks or tears to clothing or shoes sustained during the Activities.
9. Age, Height and Weight Restrictions. User must abide by the specified age and height restrictions, if any, for the Activities. The weight limit for the Activities is 113 kg (250 pounds).
10. Treewalk Village: Users must be at least 3 years old. There is no minimum height requirement. There can be no more than 5 users on a net at any time. Users must only descend from the tree houses by way of the slides or ramps, refrain from climbing the enclosures, stay on the designated trails, respect the line-up process, and not engage in any other types of games (e.g. “tag”) that have the potential to increase the risk of injury.
11. Adventure Courses: Users in the Beginner and Intermediate Adventure Courses must be at least 9 years old and at least 140 cm (55 inches) tall. Users in the Advanced Adventure Courses must be at least 12 years old and 152 cm (60 inches) tall. There can be no more than 2 Users on a platform at one time, no more than 1 User on a game at one time, and no more than 1 User on or attached to a zip line or ladder at one time. A User must remain attached to the safety cables by 2 carabiners at all times, except when moving safety lines between cables at which time the User must be attached with at least 1 carabiner. The User must NEVER detach both carabiners at the same time. Users must observe the coloured indicators attached to the cables and only attach the User’s carabiners to the safety cables which have red indicators.
12. Zip Line Tour: Users must be at least 12 years old and 152 cm (60 inches) tall. There can be no more than 8 users on a zip line platform at one time and no more than 1 user on or attached to a zip line or ladder at one time. A User must remain attached to the safety cables by 2 carabiners at all times, except when moving carabiners between safety cables at which time the User must be attached with at least 1 carabiner. The User must NEVER detach both carabiners at the same time. Users must observe the coloured indicators attached to the cables and only attach the User’s carabiners to the safety cables which have red indicators
13. Discovery Accessible Zip Line: Users must be at least 9 years old and 140 cm (55 inches) tall.
14. Discovery Courses: Users must be at least 5 years old. There is no height requirement. There can be no more than two Users on a platform at one time, nor more than 1 User on a game at one time and no more than 1 User on or attached to a zip line at one time. A User must attach the User’s trolley to the safety cable at the start of each course and leave the trolley attached until it detaches automatically at the exit to the Course. A User must NEVER detach a trolley while on the course.
15. Users who do not respect and follow the Rules, may be excluded from Activities and/or evicted from the Premises at the discretion of the Guides. Guides do not have to warn Users, nor is SLPC required to reimburse entrance fees.